Bonjour aux nouveaux membres Pourriez-vous mettre un avatar, merci

Do any programmers actually *use* calculus?

ricardobrooks

Do any programmers actually *use* calculus?

Message non lu par ricardobrooks » mer. 8 août 2018 12:27

Hi,

This is more of a rant than anything else. Forgive me if it sounds Lounge-y. I've been a Windows sysadmin for 12 years. I enrolled in a Computer Science degree program to make a transition into programming. My progress is currently stuck in Calculus. I have to pass a Calculus class before I can move on to Discrete Mathematics and the rest of my CS classes.Yesterday I was pulling my hair out trying to figure out implicit differentiation and I thought to myself, "When will I ever use this as a programmer?" I recall an earlier thread where most people said that Calculus is one area of mathematics that they never use in their daily work. I've heard people say that Calculus will improve my problem-solving skills, but that's not specific to Calculus. I improve my problem-solving skills when I screw around with my Rubik's Cube, but I don't see Rubik's 151 on my list of required classes. I've never heard anyone say they actually calculus tools in their programs.At this point, I'm just going to cram the shit out of this class for the next three weeks, pass the final, and never determine maximum acceleration or calculate the are under a curve again for as long as I live. I don't care if I get a D- in the class. Just give me my 4 credits so I can move on to classes that will actually prove useful in the future.Do any of you current programmers actually use calculus as part of your programs?

Please help.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:-
https://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?t=1156230
RFID Solution Video

Thanks!

Répondre

Réseau social